Help Me Grow
• No two children develop, grow and learn in the same way or at the same pace. However, children do develop in certain predictable ways. Visit the Help Me Grow website for videos and checklists that show what babies, toddlers and preschoolers typically do at different ages. Download the infographic, and read parenting tips to help your child develop and grow. If you have concerns about your child's development, contact your child's health care provider or check the HelpMeGrowMN.org for more information.
Help Me Grow MN is also on Facebook!
Like us today at facebook.com/HelpMeGrowMN
• Parent Aware is a free service to help you find the Minnesota child care providers that are rated best at preparing young children for kindergarten. This tool can help you select high-quality child care and early education.
Working Family Resource Center
• Free webinars, newsletters, podcasts and developmental information. Sign up for the Early Learning Digest, a free e-newsletter with articles of interest to parents of children from birth to age 5. Each bi-monthly issue includes evidence-based information on child development and parenting tools and techniques.
Is Your Child Ready?
• Will your child be ready for kindergarten? Half of 5-year olds in Minnesota aren't. Take a five-minute quiz based on the best research available about child development milestones that lead to school readiness. See early childhood expert Dr. Marti Erickson's comments and tips.
• Mother-daughter co-hosts Marti and Erin Erickson invite you to explore with them the many facets of motherhood-from the daily joys and struggles, to balancing work and family, to considering the big questions of how society views and values mothers and mothering.
• Follow the "Developmental Timeline" link for information on physical, social and emotional, cognitive and learning, and language and communication milestones for children from birth to age 5.
• Get FREE messages each week on your cell phone to help you through your pregnancy and your baby's first year.
Text BABY to 511411
Zero to Three
• Get free parenting resources to support your child's healthy development from birth to age 3.
Select "Resources for Parents" for a list of free parenting brochures and guides to download.