2018-2019 ZED Testing Information
The Zumbro Education District will be offering the MTAS and MCA's to students in grades 3-8, 10 & 11 in reading and math as well as the MTAS and MCA Science test in grades 5, 8, and high school. Students interested in taking the ACT plus Writing will be given that opportunity.
The purpose of these assessments is to measure student performance on the academic or language development standards, measure academic progress of students over time and to provide Minnesota graduates information related to career and college readiness.
The Minnesota State Legislature in compliance with the new Federal ESSA requirements states that these assessments be given to students in the grades listed below.
Estimated Test Administration Times for Reading MCA
- Students in grades 3-8 2.5-3.5 hours
- Students in grade 10 2-3 hours
Estimated Test Administration Times for Math MCA
- Students in grades 3-6 1.5-2.5 hours
- Students in grades 7-8 2-2.5 hours
- Students in grade 11 1.5-2.5 hours
Estimated Test Administration Times for Science MCA
- Students in grades 5 & 8 1.75 hours
- Students in high school 2 hours
MTAS does not have any estimated times for completion
ACT plus Writing will be offered to students in grades 11 or 12 on February 20, 2019 with a make-up date of March 12, 2019
- Plublic release of final assessment results in the Data Center August 2018
- Student reports arrive in the district August 2018
- Reports sent to parents Prior to Fall Conferences (Oct. 16, 2018)
ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) - This is a multiple-choice test that provides information regarding which careers (in and out of the military) might be a good fit for students. This test will be offered at the ALC on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 from 8:15-11:15a.m.