Creative Writing Contest
The Creative Writing Contest is open for students in grades 5 through 12. The contest is conducted from September -November. Composition Divisions are 5th-6th Grade; 7th-8th Grade; and 9th-12th Grade. Students write either prose or poetry with winners chosen for each category and division. Top papers are organized into a booklet and Exemplary and Honorable Mention recipients receive a copy.For the topic this year students will be given an image and caption to create their own story. The image and caption are meant to be creative writing "starters" and then it is up to the students to complete the tale using their creativity and imagination.The Creative Writing Contest Key Dates include:
- Friday, September 20, 2019 - Teachers will read contest announcement to classes.
- Monday, September 23, 2019 - Teachers distribute packets to interest students. They may begin writing immediately and turn their compositions in when completed.
- Friday, October 11, 2019 - Compositions due by 3:00p.m.-turned in to teacher where students received Rules/Registration packets.
- November 4, 2019 - November 8, 2019 - Round 1 Judging
- November 11, 2019 - November 15, 2019 - Round 2 Judging
- November 18, 2019 - November 22, 2019 - Round 3 Judging
- January 6-10, 2020 Winners announced
- February - Booklets printed and distributed
Creative Writing Materials:If you are interested in reading the Exemplary and Honorable Mention Compositions from the '18-'19 year click on the link below.